Saturday, April 26, 2014

Three

They say that third times the charm. So I assumed that the third time something rolls around, it would feel okay, it would feel less painful, it would hurt less. It has been three weeks since my family was together, fully, for the very last time. It has been three weeks since I have seen Lacey's beautiful face, felt her sweet spirit, and witnessed her amazing strength. I can't imagine how her parents are feeling, or how my cousins are without their sister.

To me, Lacey represented what was good in the world. She represented beauty, grace, God's love, amazement, and every other good thing, in one very small, 50 pound fabulous package. I am so proud of her for being a role model for kids and adults everywhere. For teaching them perspective, strength, and about all of the love that could be spread around even in the darkest of times.

Life is not guaranteed, and it is scary that we could lose someone so fantastic. I just miss her voice, and miss knowing that she is in the world, making everything better. But I know she has everything now, and she is waiting for us in God's open arms. I have never felt overly spiritual, until thinking about the fact that we will be able to see her again, and I will be part of that magical soul's life again.

I love you Lacey Joy. I can't wait until that moment when we will all be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment